What’s the best part about eating at Red Lobster? If you ask me, it’s that basket of wonderful biscuits they set on the table. I swear, sometimes I could just be happy with nothing but a glass of ice water and the basket of biscuits, but that would make me a really annoying customer. They would probably kick me right out of the place.
So when I spotted the recipe for “Red Lobster Cheddar Bay Biscuits” in the Top Secret Restaurant Recipes #2 book (pictured here), I got all excited and knew I had to give it a try. The recipe from the book makes a larger batch than what I wanted, so I played around with the recipe a little bit and now have my own scaled down version. Nothing can match the real thing, but these come pretty close.
COPYCAT RED LOBSTER BISCUITS
1 cup Bisquick
2 tablespoons cold butter
1/2 cup shredded cheese
1/4 cup cold milk
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 tablespoon butter – melted
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp parsley flakes
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine the Bisquick and the cold butter, cutting in the butter with a pastry blender.
2. Add the shredded cheese, garlic powder, and milk, and mix together well.
3. Drop by large spoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheet.
4. Bake in a preheated 400 degree oven for 15 minutes.
5. Combine the topping ingredients. Using pastry brush, brush a little bit of the topping on each biscuit as soon as you remove the biscuits from the oven.
Makes 8 biscuits.