Here’s a quick and simple recipe that’s one of my favorites around the holidays. You don’t need any baking skills to make these little treats. In fact the hardest part of the recipe is unwrapping all the Hershey Hugs!
To make these tasty snacks, all you’ll need are pretzel rings (or waffle pretzels will work too), Hershey Hugs candies, and M&M’s. These three ingredients are a yummy blend of sweet, salty, and crunchy.
Around Christmas time I always use the red and green M&M’s for this recipe, but this recipe works great for other holidays too (like these red and pink treats I made for Valentines Day or these red, white & blue treats for 4th of July). And of course non-holiday M&M’s make colorful treats for any occasion too.
To begin, you’ll preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Line a cookie sheet with wax paper or parchment paper. Put the pretzel rings on the cookie sheet and put an unwrapped Hershey Hug in the middle of each pretzel ring. If you are using the waffle pretzels, just put the Hershey Hug on top of the pretzel.
Then place your cookie sheets with the pretzels and hugs into the oven to heat for 4 minutes. This might seem like a short time, but that’s all it will take to nicely soften the Hershey Hug (you don’t want it to be totally melted or collapsed).
Remove the sheets from the oven after the 4 minutes and carefully place an M&M candy on each one, pressing down lightly.
Then put the cookie sheets in the refrigerator for at least 10 minutes so the treats can harden up before handling them. Once they’ve cooled and the Hershey Hug is hardened again, you can pop them off the wax paper on the cookie sheet and transfer them to a container or plate.
These little treats are a perfect addition to a larger plate of Christmas treats, or they’re perfect on their own in a little bag tied with a ribbon for gift giving too. I always think that with this combo of sweet and salty, it’s almost impossible to eat just one!
More Holiday Treats:
Hershey Hug and M&M Pretzel Treats
- Pretzels (either in a ring shape or waffle shape)
- Hershey Hugs (unwrapped)
- M & M candies
- Preheat the oven to 170 degrees. Line cookie sheets with wax paper or parchment paper.
- Place pretzels on the lined cookie sheets and place an unwrapped Hershey Hug on each pretzel. (If using the ring pretzels, place the Hug inside the ring)
- Place the sheets with the pretzels and Hugs into the preheated oven for 4 minutes. The Hershey Hug should be soft but not totally melted or collapsed.
- Remove from oven and carefully place an M&M candy on each of the softened Hershey Hugs, pressing down lightly.
- Place the cookie sheets in refrigerator for at least 10 minutes so the Hershey Hugs can cool and harden again. Once the treats have hardened, you can pop them off the wax paper and store them on a plate or container.