I love these cookies.
And judging by the amount of times I get asked for this recipe, I would say lots of other people love them too.
What makes these cookies so tasty and special? There’s a secret ingredient hidden inside. A miniature Snickers candy bar! The little candy bars melt inside the cookies as they bake, creating a center filled with carmely goodness.
These cookies are great for gift giving, special occasions, or just any old time you want some yummy cookies around. They do take just a little more effort, but oh boy, it’s worth it!
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 bags of Snickers miniature candy bars
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
1. Combine the flour, baking powder, and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl and set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl and using an electric mixer, cream together the butter, peanut butter, white sugar, and brown sugar. Add the the eggs and vanilla and beat in.
3. Add the flour mixture gradually to the butter/sugar mixture, beating after each addition until everything is well combined.
4. Unwrap some of the Snickers mini candy bars.
5. Shape about 1 tablespoon of dough around each mini Snickers, forming a ball with the candy inside. (You want enough dough to completely cover the candy bar, but not too thickly). Place on ungreased cookie sheets.
6. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 10 to 12 minutes. Cool on wire rack or paper toweling. If cooling on paper toweling, move them to waxed paper before adding the chocolate glaze to the cookies.
7. To make glaze, combine the confectioner’s sugar and cocoa powder. Add 1 tablespoon of milk and stir well. Add the additional tablespoon of milk as needed to bring glaze to the desired consistency.
8. Drizzle the glaze over the cookies. (I just drizzle the glaze off the end of a spoon).
This recipe makes about 60 cookies. You should end up with about a dozen leftover little Snickers bars.