As much as I like making my own stuff, I also like doing things quick and easy. Homemade is great, but there comes a tipping point where if things get too time consuming, tedious, or confusing, I feel it’s just not worth my precious time and energy. I’m always on the lookout for the simple stuff.
If you’ve been shying away from do-it-yourself recipes thinking you don’t have the time, or that it’s too overwhelming, costly, or complicated, here are 10 ideas that might change your mind. Each of these previous posts give ideas for DIY recipes that have only *Two Ingredients*. So if you can put a couple things together and stir – then you can do it!
The list below gives a brief glimpse of the recipe, followed by the link to the complete post.
10 DIY RECIPES WITH ONLY TWO INGREDIENTS
1. 2 Vanilla Beans + 3/4 Cup Vodka = Homemade Vanilla Extract
(The Vanilla Extract Experiment – The First Follow Up)
2. 1/2 Cup Baking Soda + 5 Tbsp Dish Soap = Homemade Soft Scrub
(Homemade Soft Scrub Cleaner)
3. 1/4 Cup Salt + 2 Tbsp Garlic Powder = Homemade Garlic Salt
(Quick and Easy Way To Make Garlic Salt)
4. 1 Apple + 7Up = Homemade Apple Dippers
(Do You Like McDonald’s Apple Dippers? – Try Making Your Own)
5. 1 8 oz Cream Cheese + Jar of Salsa = Creamy Picante Dip
(How I’m Making Use of My Cheap Cream Cheese)
6. 1 Cup Vinegar + 1 Cup water = Homemade All Purpose Cleaner
(Homemade Cleaners = 3 Easy Changes Anyone Can Make)
7. 3 Cups Window Cleaner + 1 Gallon Water = Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid
(Homemade Windshield Washer Fluid – Money Saver or Waste of Time?)
8. 14 oz Bag of Candy Melts + 8 Cups Pretzels = Homemade Flipz
(Do You Like Flipz Pretzels? – Here’s the Lazy Way to Make Your Own)
9. 1 Pineapple + 1 Bottle of Vodka = Infused Vodka
(How To Make Infused Vodka)
10. Liquid Soap + Water = Foaming Hand Soap
(How To Make Your Own Foaming Dish Soap and Hand Soap)