Popsicles (or maybe you call them ice pops) are a traditional and favorite treat for those warm, lazy days of summer. And one of the great things about popsicles is it’s super easy to make your own.
A homemade popsicle can be as simple as freezing some juice or some yogurt, and just using paper cups and wooden sticks for your molds. I’m currently liking my little popsicle mold that makes four ice pops and find that it makes the job really easy. A job always goes better if you have the right tools!
Today’s recipe is quick way to make homemade popsicles that uses whole food ingredients – milk, honey, vanilla, and fresh berries. They’re all ingredients that I feel comfortable feeding to the little ones.
Another thing I like about these popsicles is their red, white, and blue color – the patriotic colors of my United States of America! They make a pretty and tasty treat for our warm weather holidays of Memorial Day or the Fourth of July.
So whether you’re feeding this to the youngsters – or maybe just the young at heart – everyone can enjoy the sweet honey and milk flavor paired with the fresh taste of the blueberries and raspberries.
To make these popsicles you’ll warm 1/4 cup of milk in the microwave for about 20 seconds, and then stir in 1 tablespoon of honey. Warming this milk helps to incorporate the honey into the milk. Then you’ll add in a remaining 1 cup of milk and a 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
Then you’ll put some fresh blueberries and raspberries into your popsicle molds and pour your milk mixture over the berries.
Then you can put the sticks into your molds, and pop them in the freezer. I use a mold that makes 4 popsicles for this recipe.
To unmold my popsicles, I fill a big bowl with hot water. I then put my mold in it, but don’t completely submerge it, I keep the top of the molds out of the water. After a minute or so, the popsicles will let loose enough for you to gently pull them out of the molds.
And then your popsicles are ready to be enjoyed with the sweetness of honey and fresh fruit (instead of a ton of processed sugar!)
Milk and Honey Berry Popsicles
- Freezer Popsicle Mold
- 1¼ cups Milk
- 1 Tbl Honey
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Fresh Blueberries
- Fresh Raspberries
- Warm 1/4 cup of the milk in the microwave for about 20 seconds. Stir in the honey until blended.
- Then add the vanilla extract and the remaining 1 cup of the milk.
- Place some of the fresh blueberries and raspberries in each popsicle mold.
- Pour the milk mixture over the berries.
- Put the tops on your molds and freeze.
- To unmold the popsicles, fill a large bowl with hot water. Put the mold in it, but don't completely submerge it, keeping the top of the mold out of the water. After a minute or so, the popsicles will let loose enough for you to gently pull them out of the molds.