Want to pamper yourself and be frugal too? Try this easy homemade hot oil hand treatment that you can make in your kitchen for just a few cents. If you went to a professional manicurist and asked for help for your dry hands and cuticles they might suggest a hot oil hand treatment that would most likely cost about $20. Save yourself some cash and make your own!
HOT OIL HAND TREATMENT
1 tablespoon of olive oil
1/2 teaspoon of almond extract (optional)
2 small plastic bags
(or plastic gloves if you have access to them)
1. Put the olive oil in a small bowl and heat in the microwave until warm (about 30 seconds). You want the oil warm, but not so hot that it would burn your hands. Stir in the almond extract if desired. (it makes it smell really good).
2. Rub the oil on your hands, paying special attention to massaging it into the cuticles and any other dry areas.
3. Put the plastic bags or plastic gloves on your hands and leave them on for about 10 minutes.
4. Remove the bags and rinse your hands off with warm water, rubbing them to remove the oil. Finish by patting your hands dry with a towel.
5. You can give yourself the whole manicure experience and finish up by pushing your cuticles back with a rubber tipped cuticle stick, putting on a coat or two of nail polish, and an application of hand cream.
The result? Your hands will look and feel so much softer. Enjoy!