Need a last minute treat to make for the holidays? Try this recipe for Chocolate Peanut Butter Bugles that requires no baking.
Several flavors of Bugles are available in stores including Nacho Cheese, Southwest Ranch, Caramel, and yes, Chocolate Peanut Butter. In fact, there’s even a Facebook page for Chocolate Peanut Butter Bugles and 284 people like them! So, let us Make Our Own.
CHOCOLATE PEANUT BUTTER BUGLES
Original Flavor Bugles
Creamy Peanut Butter
Chocolate for melting
1. Put a little bit of peanut butter in each Bugle. I did this using a toothpick. (You can get a pretty good size blob of peanut butter on the end of a toothpick.)
2. Melt the chocolate candy pieces in a bowl in the microwave. I did mine for 1 minute.
3. Dip the large end of the Bugle into the chocolate and set on wax paper to dry.
- For the chocolate I used the Candy Melts in the dark cocoa flavor that I purchased at Michaels Craft Store. These melt really well in the microwave and harden up nicely after about 20 minutes.
- I used about a 1/4 cup of peanut butter and a 1/2 cup of the Candy Melts. This yielded 6 dozen treats.
- Some recipes for this snack have you put the peanut butter in a baggie, snip off a corner, and pipe the peanut butter into the Bugles. Do this if you want to go stark raving mad and waste a lot of peanut butter. The peanut butter just sticks to the baggie, and you need a really teeny tiny hole in the edge of the bag. I thought the toothpick worked way better.
- Another reason I didn’t like the baggie method is because so many Bugles don’t have very wide openings. You need to be a little choosy and look for Bugles that have bigger openings. But if you’re not finding many nice round Bugles in your bag, the toothpick works pretty good on the flatter ones.