Welcome to my annual summer installment of DIY for Dummies, a collection of some of my recipes that can be made with just 2 ingredients. I often find myself saying, “homemade doesn’t have to be hard” and these 2 ingredient recipes are all good examples of that simple truth. Sometimes all it takes to Make Your Own is just mixing a couple things together.
For this year’s list I decided to do something a little different and gather together some recipes that not only had just 2 ingredients, but are also all recipes where one of the ingredients is water. Most of us can come up with that ingredient pretty easily! And by adding water to other ordinary things we can come up with some super quick and easy ways to make our own versions of products and save ourselves some cash too.
I hope you’ll find an idea or two on this list that will inspire you to get out your measuring cup and give it a try.
Let’s take a look:
2. Water + Vanilla Extract = Homemade Air Freshener
Vanilla is such a warm and welcoming scent and this method is a thrifty way to enjoy it.
4. Water + Lemon Juice (or vinegar) = Easy Microwave Cleaning
Your microwave will be shiny and clean inside with this easy-to-do method.
5. Water + Glycerin = Homemade Moisturizing Spray
I use this mixture often on my dry skin and especially like to spritz it on my face for some hydrating help in the winter.
6. Water + Fabric Softener = Homemade Wrinkle Release Spray
A super cheap alternative that works just like the store bought version.
7. Water + Dish Soap = Homemade Foaming Dish Soap Refill
I use this strategy ALL the time and it’s definitely saved me money.
8. Water + Chopped Apples = Homemade Microwave Applesauce
A good way to use up extra apples and I like the chunkier texture too.
9. Water + Rubbing Alcohol (or salt) = Homemade Ice Pack
A ziplock bag and these two ingredients might be just the solution you need for a homemade ice pack (this post includes some non-water ideas for gel-type homemade ice packs too)
10. Water + Denture Tablet = Homemade Jewelry Cleaner
A denture tablet from the dollar store can get your rings looking bright and new again.
Click here to see the previous – – > DIY For Dummies 2 Ingredient Recipes