Since the early days of this blog, I’ve been doing an annual “DIY For Dummies” list. It began as a way to share some of my most simple ideas that used only two ingredients, and I’ve continued on with the tradition every year!
I even surprise myself sometimes, that every year I’m able to look back and find a new group of ideas with only two ingredients (although this year I only came up with 9 on the list instead of my usual 10). And as the years have gone by I’ve expanded my definition of “ingredients” a little bit too, to include projects that use just two basic supplies.
My hope every year is to share the reminder that homemade doesn’t have to be complicated. Often times it’s just a matter of knowing how to use a couple of ordinary items in a new way to create a simple DIY solution.
So here’s the 6th Edition of the annual DIY for Dummies list . . . Enjoy!
1. Washcloths + Fabric Softener = Homemade Dryer Softener Sheets
2. Dry Roasted Peanuts + Food Processor = Homemade Peanut Butter
3. Whole Wheat Flour + Vegetable Oil = Homemade Play Sand for Kids
4. Fork + Ribbon = Easy Method to Make Bows
5. Plain Yogurt + Muslin Material = Homemade Cream Cheese (Labneh)
6. Food Grade Mineral Oil + Beeswax = Homemade Wooden Cutting Board Conditioner
7. Picture Frames + Markers = DIY Dry Erase Boards
8. Vinegar + Hydrogen Peroxide = Homemade Disinfecting Duo
**** Note: These two are used separately and are NOT mixed together **
9. Water + Vinegar = Homemade Wallpaper Remover
Click here to see the previous = = > DIY for Dummies Lists